- You cannot add "La Bascula - Catalan Eagle Red, Terra Alta, 2016" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Bergerac AC Vieilli en Fut de Chene Domaine de Mayat, 2016
Made from 100% Merlot, deep garnet red wine with powerful aromas of black fruits. A round, velvet taste with a rich structure of tannins. Showing some bottle age and drinking very well now.
Côtes du Roussillon Villages AOP Calmel & Joseph, 2016
Deep purple red colour, almost black. The nose is pronounced with hints of ripe red fruits, almost jammy. Cherry, fig and dried plum dominate. The attack is concentrated but soft. Natural sugar envelops soft tannins. Aromas of candied fruits cover the back of the palate. Nice balance and good length.
Domaine de Mayat -Vieilli en Fut de Chene, Bergerac AC, 2015/16 (Magnum)
Made from 100% Merlot, deep garnet red wine with powerful aromas of black fruits. A round, velvet taste with a rich structure of tannins.
Enjoy with duck breast, leg of lamb or brie de Meaux.
Esporao Private Selection Branco, 2016
– Private Selection White was created in 2001 with a desire to challenge the classic profile of great Alentejo white wines. To achieve this, we decided to base the wine on the underated Semillon variety and the use of new French oak barrels for fermentation and maturation. With growing the vineyard maturity and a careful selection of barrel suppliers the solid, rich and complex style of this wine has been reinforced over the years
– The Semillon grapes used in this wine were planted on the Herdade dos Perdigões estate, which belongs to Esporão, in 1996, using northwest/southwest exposure in order to maximize fruit protection from extreme sunlight.
Crystal clear straw.
Ripe fruits with tropical notes and well integrated discrete toasty french oak, complex.
Rich and unctuous, with elegance and balance, long and persistent.
La Ruffe “les Cuvées Rares”, Calmel & Joseph, 2015/16
Purple-red robe. A very expressive nose that opens with notes of chocolate and spice, followed by citrus fruit and white flower aromas. There are also hints of pure fruit, reminiscent of freshly-picked, crushed grapes. On the palate this is a clean and lively wine with subtle notes of small red berries and scrubland herbs. The tannins are elegant, discreet and well-integrated. The balance and originality of this wine gives it its “cuvée rare” status.
Clay limestone and blood-red “ruffes” soil typically found in the Terrasses du Larzac.
Jancis Robinson 201617 + / 20 : A sleeping dragon …
Quinta da Alorna – Tinto Reserva, Tejo, 2016
A blend of native varietal Touriga Nacional and Cabernet Sauvignon. Ripe blackcurrant notes on the nose and palate with a touch of violet and hint of spice. 12 months maturation in French oak has added complexity and structure. Enjoy with roast beef. Enjoy within 2-5 years of vintage.
In The Press
‘Wild blackberry and heady violet on the nose. On the palate, it’s silky and savory. Juicy fruit, whiffs of vanilla and sandalwood, and hints of cedar and bitter nut skin on the finish. Assertive yet approachable tannins.’ – 91 Pts. Excellent, Highly Recommended, Ultimate Wine Challenge 2017.
Rola-Pipa DO Pico Arinto dos Açores 2016
This wine is made from Arinto dos Açores grapes on Pico Island in the Azores, a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to the distinctive viticultural practices used on the island. Only 1300 bottles of Rola-Pipa have been made.
If you like to know the whole process behind making this wine please visit: https://cunninganchovy.wordpress.com
Saint-Veran “Les Deux Moulins”, L. Latour, 2016
– Situated in the very South of the Mâconnais, the Saint-Véran vineyards form a gilded belt around Pouilly-Fuissé. The two are similar in terms of relief and production techniques, even in their actual taste and fragrance. The area’s Jurassic chalk soil and the vineyard’s ideal exposure combine perfectly to produce top quality fruit. Saint-Véran « Les Deux Moulins » takes its name from the two watermills that straddle La Petite Grosne river. The rain that falls on the vineyards, filters through the calcareous bedrock to help feed the river as it flows away west towards the famous monastic town of Cluny. Once harvested, the grapes are fermented in stainless steel in order to preserve the freshness of the fruit. A slow, cool fermentation allows the wine to maintain its rich and concentrated flavours.
– This Saint-Véran “Les Deux Moulins” 2016 is of an elegant pale yellow color and offers a delicate nose of fresh almond, laced with subtle notes of honeysuckle. On tasting, the wine is gourmet with aromas of almond and hazelnut. Beautiful freshness on the finish.
Sula – Shiraz, Nashik, 2016
Sula Vineyards is at the forefront of the Indian wine revolution. The wines are served in the best restaurants worldwide. A smooth, medium-bodied red wine accentuated by ripe cherry and plum fruit, with attractive aromas of black pepper.
91 Points Wine Enthusiast (2012 vintage)
“Aromas of blackberry, cherry preserves, white chocolate and a hint of green pepper prepare the taste buds for flavors of forest-fruit, smoked pork, black pepper, violet and almond blossom. A trio of fruit, savory tones and spice travels across the palate on a layer of smooth tannins, leading to a smoky finish.” M.D. (12/31/2014)
`Quinta da Leda`, Douro Tinto, Casa Ferreirinha, 2016
– Quinta da Leda is Casa Ferreirinha’s most prestigious property. Based in the Douro Superior close to the border with Spain, this wine has flavours of ripe blackberry and damson alongside wood spice, cedar, leather and tobacco leaf.