1927 Alvear Pedro Ximenez Solera, 37.5cl
A luxurious naturally sweet wine, made from 100% Pedro Ximenex varietal, using the Solera system, in this case, going back to 1927. This wine is made using grapes that have been sun-dried on mats until they become raisins, so a very dry climate is required, such as that of southern Spain. The resulting wine is a dark mahogany colour, has an intoxicating nose of prunes, molasses and chocolate and shows concentrated fruit on the rich palate. Satiny, unctuous with a succulent, very long sensuous finish. Serve this at 10-14C to end a special meal and make your guests supremely happy, either sipped alone or drizzled over vanilla ice cream, fruit salad or with blue cheese. Unforgettable!
Arché – Sangiovese Rubicone IGT, 2018, 6 bottle offer
This medium-bodied wine has a pleasant, fresh bouquet with a dark cherry and plum nose. Very easy on the palate with light tannin and a smooth finish.
Arché – Trebbiano Rubicone IGT, 2018, 6 bottle offer
A beautiful tropical fragrance entices you in whilst the palate is fresh and crisp with lovely citrus fruits.
Argiolas Isola Dei Nuraghi Turriga Sardinia, 2013/15
A complex red with dark berry, black tea leaf, dried spice and blueberry undertones. Full body, dense and layered. Ripe, polished and chewy tannin. A long and full finish.
Argiolas is the foremost wine estate on the island of Sardinia producing archetypal wines from native varietals. The winery was founded in 1938 by Antonio Argiolas and was the first on the island to pursue quality over quantity. Today, the Argiolas family is recognized as Sardinia’s leading producer of wine.
Bas Armagnac, Domaine de Papolle, 1986, (45% Vol.) – 50cl
A reserved Bas Armagnac, “brut de fut”, which will satisfy lovers of unique Armagnacs.
Bas Armagnac, Domaine de Papolle, Hors d’Age, (40% Vol.) – 70cl
Minimum age 10 years. Domaine de Papolle create this Armagnac to be elegant, round, smooth, and balanced. This Armagnac has a feminine spirit that will delight those who wish to discover the wonders of Armagnac as well as those who already know it well.
Bela Sombra Reserva, Limited Edition, Quinta da Alorna, 2013
Vinification: Pre-fermentative cold maceration for two days. Delastage technique for color extraction during alcoholic fermentation. After malo-lactic fermentation, the three grapes are aged for 12 months in French oak barrels. After bottling, the wine ages for 3 months.
Nose: Black berries and jam aromas due to grapes maturation. Ageing in French oak barrels gave it spicy notes.
Palate: Well balanced and soft tannins.
Tasting Note: Long lasting finish, remaining ripped plums and coffee.
Gastronomy: Perfect to serve with roasted or stewed meat.
Bela Sombra, triple, wooden gift box
Quinta da Alorna 2013 Bela Sombra Reserva Red (Tejo) Limited edition
A superb gift of 3 bottles presented in a triple wooden box
Smoky, spicy and rich, this dense wine is full of firm tannins that keep it structured and concentrated. This limited-edition wine brings out berry fruits and final acidity that gives a juicy character to the aftertaste. Perfect for drinking now.
Black Pig Distillery – Costa Alentejana Gin (50cl – 40% Vol.)
– The Gin Black Pig Costa Alentejana (Alentejo Coast) is a sensory experience, that reflects an immense blue sea, golden beach sands, monumental cliffs and breath taking views of an alentejo coast full of colors and aromas. This incredible coast has the climate that serves as a sanctuary for the gin’s botanicals that inspire this gin. The citric flavours, filled with freshness from the alentejo lemons, wild fragancies from the dune’s junipers, the delicate flower touch of the rosemary are the essence of this gin. Symbol of the preservation, respect and harmony with the ecosystem, the “Pata Negra”, is the flagship of the Alentejo, representing a territory where he always lived. From this perfect symbiosis between nature, the alchemy of aromas and the production process, an ecological cycle is created, from the harvest to the bottle. More than a gin, a perfume, that essence that makes you close your eyes and to do that time travel that awakes your senses and remembers you of the aromas from the trails, dunes and sea of the Alentejo Coast.
– This gin won the gold medal in the Frankfurt International Trophy 2019 and in the Women ́s wine and spirits awards 2019
– Botanicals: Alentejo Lemon, Gumrock rose, pennyroyal, french lavender, rosemary, ginger and other botanicals picked up from the Vicentine route.
Black Pig Distillery – Montado Alentejano Gin (50cl – 42% Vol.)
– The Gin of the Montado personifies the rural identity of the Alentejo and of an unique ecosystem, the “Montado”. Between Oak Olms and Holm Oaks, in perfect harmony with nature and Alentejo’s traditions, it’s produced a dry Gin, where the essencies of the earth prevail. In the fields, the “Pata Negra”, the lord of the “Montado” lives and it’s the inspiration source that contributes in a decisive manner to the preservation of this mediterranean ecosystem. Excusively produced with biological botanicals, from cork, to acorn and carob, they are picked up and distilled and posteriorly reinstated in the ecosystem, respecting nature’s balance. From this perfect symbiosis between nature, the alchemy of aromas and the production process, an ecological cycle is created, from the harvest to the bottle. To experience this Gin, an unique experience, is to remember and live the Alentejo, “Patrimony of time”
– This gin won a great gold medal, in the international Virtus awards 2019, being considered the best gin in the competition, a gold medal in the Stuttgart International Spirits Competition 2019, gold medal in the China Wine & Spirits Awards, a silver medal in the Gin Super premium category in the Luxury Masters 2019 and a gold medal in the Women’s wine and spirits awards 2019.
– Botanicals: Carob, acorn, almonds, walnuts, chestnuts and other botanicals handpicked in the montado from Alentejo
Black Pig Distillery – Rum Ilha do Pessegueiro (70cl – 38.6% Vol.)
– Ilha do Pessegueiro (Peach Island), mythical place of legends and pirate histories serve as inspiration for this Rum. An intense Rum, influenced by the spices obtained in the old trade routes by historical portuguese navigators that explored remote parts of África and Asia and with botanicals from the Alentejo. With this Rum, we reinvent a classic drink, through identitary aromas from the portuguese maritime history with contemporary caracther of the Alentejo. An incomparable Rum, for unforgettable moments, that remind you of Portugal and Alentejo.
– Botanicals: Molasse of the sugar cane, vanilla, virginia tobacco leaves, coffee grains, peaches and other botanicals from the Alentejo Coast.
Bodega Roda – Roda I, Rioja DOC, Spain 2006
Intense, deep, black cherry red background with bright red cherry red hues in the rim. On the nose their is great balance between the oak and the fruit, in particular black plums, with some dark chocolate and sweet spices on a background of stark minerality showing through, providing a very elegant and complex bouquet. Medium bodied but showing great lenght. Mouth filling without weighing you down. The ripe black plum fruit shines together with some cocoa and dark chocolate blending perfectly with the sweet tannins from the oak. A very elegant, pleasing wine to the palate. Beautifully balanced, silky smooth, arousing an inviting moreish feeling that makes it a great food companion
Aged in 50% brand new and 50% second use French oak barrels. 16 months in barrels and 20 months cellaring in bottle. Bottled April 2008.
Boigin, Distilled Gin, Silvio Carta (50cl – 40% Vol.)
– The name “Boigin” refers to the Italian word for ox: bue. “Boi” is a play on the word “Bue” hence Boigin. Citrus tree flavours and notes of indigenous Sardinian herbs. On the palate is spicy, with expressive notes of botanical herbs and a typical gin aftertaste.
Bwthyn Rhosyn, Tintern Parva, (Bronze Medal), 2018
Calmel & Joseph – Chardonnay Villa Blanche, 2019
Very expressive with white flowers and fruity aromas of apricot and vineyard peach, along with dried fruit and nut overtones. Straightforward, clean, full and well-balanced on the palate, with a fresh and fruity finish revealing mango and citrus overtones. The oak is subtle and very smooth. This vintage shows lovely acidic tension: elegant.
Chardonnay are aged for three months in oak barrels (30% of the vintage).
Top 100 The Wine Merchant
Highly Recommanded by The Wine Merchant
Casal Mendes – Rosé, Bairrada, Portugal
A delicious Portuguese classic – serve it cold
Refreshing and fruity rosé, bursting with aromas of strawberries and raspberries. On the palate the wine is soft and fruity with a light spritz. Nice fresh acidity and a touch of sweetness on the finish.
Casal Mendes – Vinho Verde, Minho, Portugal
Classic white produced from indigenous Portuguese varities in the northern Vinho Verde region.
Delicate citrus aromas lead onto a soft, rounded and slightly off dry palate with a light spritz. It combines apple and floral characters with soft tropical notes and fresh acidity on the finish.
Casal Mendes – Rosé, Bairrada, Portugal, 6 bottle offer
A delicious Portuguese classic – serve it cold