– The Cariad off dry is a blend of the grape varieties produced at Llanerch giving a rounded wine with an all around appeal, and is Llanerch’s best seller. Being off dry but not sweet this can easily be enjoyed on its own, but also works great with Chicken & Fish.
– The grapes for Llanerchs Cariad Dry white wine are grown in the warmest area in the vineyard allowing the fruit to ripen with lush Citrus and stone fruit flavours and a crisp dry finish. Pairs great with with Salads, Chicken & Fish.
Vineyards of Wales was established in January 2020 to provide information on the Welsh wine and viticulture sector to the general public, trade and press.
Vineyards of Wales acts as a gateway into the flourishing world of Welsh wine and is the perfect starting point for those who are looking to visit a local vineyard, sample quality Welsh wine or simply find out more about the sector.
– A clear pale yellow colour, this wine looks like summer in a glass. On the nose it has fresh green apple aromas coupled with scents of gooseberry, stone fruits and meadow grass. This is followed up on the palate with refreshing flavours of crisp green apple and ripe nectarine. The wine has a nice mineral aspect that is pursued by a generous citrus acidity. It is perfect on its own over a long lunch although it would also sit well with seafood and light chicken dishes.
– Delicate red berries on the nose, real zing and energy on the palate
– A beautiful balance of delicate red fruit and brioche notes from the 4 years lees ageing, this pale coloured sparkling rosé with a fine mousse has real zing and energy to it, feeling much younger than its vintage would suggest. The wine was fermented in stainless steel and concrete with an elevage of over 12 months for the base wine, then ageing for 4 years on lees. Ancre Hill Estates is located in the Welsh county of Monmouthshire. The 12 hectares of vineyards are perfectly positioned on south facing slopes close to the border town of Monmouth and the Wye Valley. The estate utilises traditional Biodynamic and Organic Viticultural practices to produce the best possible fruits from carefully sourced and selected varieties with excellent heritage. The wines produced at Ancre Hill express the terroir of ancient mudstone and sandstone soils, giving the wines their character and natural flavours, with no external intervention or manipulation in the winemaking process.
– A complex sparkling rose made from the Regent grape variety. Petal pink in appearance, with aromas of crushed red fruit. Delicate hints of rosehip, cranberry and raspberry on the palate with an elegant subtle finish.