Intense ruby color with garnet reflections. The bouquet is distinguished and vital, with fresh, ripe fruit. The palate is clear and definite, with hints of ripe pulpy fruit, cherry, and notes of chocolate, frame with a long and pleasant finish.
90 Points Antonio Galloni (2012 vintage)
“The 2012 Barbera d’Alba is quite pretty. Bright red cherries, flowers, spices and mint all lift from the glass in a striking, perfumed Barbera long on class and personality. The flavors are precise and finely sculpted throughout.”
The grapes for the Barbera d’Alba come from the family owned vineyards in Serraluga d’Alba (Ornato and Colombaro), in Sinio, Diano d’Alba and Grinzane Cavour, together with other vineyards belonging to historical suppliers who have been selling their grapes to PIO CESARE for generations, working their vineyards according to our directions and strict quality controls. There is 15 days of skin contact in stainless steel temperature-controlled fermenters. The wine is aged for 18 months in French Allier oak, 30 percent in mid-toasted barriques that are half new and half one year old. The remaining 70 percent were aged in 20 to 50 hectoliter casks of Allier oak that are about 8 years old.
A classic Prosecco from the hills around Treviso in the Veneto region of north eastern Italy. Light straw in colour with a delicate fizz. Fresh watermelon and honeydew notes with a touch of apple on the gently off-dry palate which finishes clean. Delicious!
Named after the grapes in the blend (Negroamaro, Primitivo and Cabernet Sauvignon), this easygoing, savory wine doles out juicy blackberry, black currant, black cherry and a hint of licorice with soft, round tannins.
Light straw yellow colour with slight greenish hints. Broad, varietal, aromatic on the nose, with citric notes of grapefruit, yellow pepper, tomato leaf, sage and balsamic aromas. On the palate it is rich, fragrant and aromatic, with natural acidity and a persistent and pleasant slight bitter aftertaste.
Family and values
The story of San Simone is linked to the territory. At Rondover, between Prata and Porcia, in the most western part of Doc Friuli Grave and central part of DOC Prosecco, the company San Simone is the result of winemaking tradition and culture of our family, which is engaged in the business of wine grower for four generations. We chose the name San Simone for our wines and wine cellar in the memory of our origins. The very first and historic headquarter was in fact situated in via San Simone, Prata, opposite the fourteenth century church devoted to San Simone, where our great-grandfather decided to began his activity which is now been converted into a family residence.
Many changes have taken place over time. But one thing which has not changed is our value system. Values: responsibility towards the reality in which we work, passion for work and transparency in our working system. These are the values which are timeless.