Black Pig Distillery – Costa Alentejana Gin (50cl – 40% Vol.)
– The Gin Black Pig Costa Alentejana (Alentejo Coast) is a sensory experience, that reflects an immense blue sea, golden beach sands, monumental cliffs and breath taking views of an alentejo coast full of colors and aromas. This incredible coast has the climate that serves as a sanctuary for the gin’s botanicals that inspire this gin. The citric flavours, filled with freshness from the alentejo lemons, wild fragancies from the dune’s junipers, the delicate flower touch of the rosemary are the essence of this gin. Symbol of the preservation, respect and harmony with the ecosystem, the “Pata Negra”, is the flagship of the Alentejo, representing a territory where he always lived. From this perfect symbiosis between nature, the alchemy of aromas and the production process, an ecological cycle is created, from the harvest to the bottle. More than a gin, a perfume, that essence that makes you close your eyes and to do that time travel that awakes your senses and remembers you of the aromas from the trails, dunes and sea of the Alentejo Coast.
– This gin won the gold medal in the Frankfurt International Trophy 2019 and in the Women ́s wine and spirits awards 2019
– Botanicals: Alentejo Lemon, Gumrock rose, pennyroyal, french lavender, rosemary, ginger and other botanicals picked up from the Vicentine route.
Black Pig Distillery – Montado Alentejano Gin (50cl – 42% Vol.)
– The Gin of the Montado personifies the rural identity of the Alentejo and of an unique ecosystem, the “Montado”. Between Oak Olms and Holm Oaks, in perfect harmony with nature and Alentejo’s traditions, it’s produced a dry Gin, where the essencies of the earth prevail. In the fields, the “Pata Negra”, the lord of the “Montado” lives and it’s the inspiration source that contributes in a decisive manner to the preservation of this mediterranean ecosystem. Excusively produced with biological botanicals, from cork, to acorn and carob, they are picked up and distilled and posteriorly reinstated in the ecosystem, respecting nature’s balance. From this perfect symbiosis between nature, the alchemy of aromas and the production process, an ecological cycle is created, from the harvest to the bottle. To experience this Gin, an unique experience, is to remember and live the Alentejo, “Patrimony of time”
– This gin won a great gold medal, in the international Virtus awards 2019, being considered the best gin in the competition, a gold medal in the Stuttgart International Spirits Competition 2019, gold medal in the China Wine & Spirits Awards, a silver medal in the Gin Super premium category in the Luxury Masters 2019 and a gold medal in the Women’s wine and spirits awards 2019.
– Botanicals: Carob, acorn, almonds, walnuts, chestnuts and other botanicals handpicked in the montado from Alentejo
Black Pig Distillery – Rum Ilha do Pessegueiro (70cl – 38.6% Vol.)
– Ilha do Pessegueiro (Peach Island), mythical place of legends and pirate histories serve as inspiration for this Rum. An intense Rum, influenced by the spices obtained in the old trade routes by historical portuguese navigators that explored remote parts of África and Asia and with botanicals from the Alentejo. With this Rum, we reinvent a classic drink, through identitary aromas from the portuguese maritime history with contemporary caracther of the Alentejo. An incomparable Rum, for unforgettable moments, that remind you of Portugal and Alentejo.
– Botanicals: Molasse of the sugar cane, vanilla, virginia tobacco leaves, coffee grains, peaches and other botanicals from the Alentejo Coast.
Esporao Private Selection Branco, 2016
– Private Selection White was created in 2001 with a desire to challenge the classic profile of great Alentejo white wines. To achieve this, we decided to base the wine on the underated Semillon variety and the use of new French oak barrels for fermentation and maturation. With growing the vineyard maturity and a careful selection of barrel suppliers the solid, rich and complex style of this wine has been reinforced over the years
– The Semillon grapes used in this wine were planted on the Herdade dos Perdigões estate, which belongs to Esporão, in 1996, using northwest/southwest exposure in order to maximize fruit protection from extreme sunlight.
Crystal clear straw.
Ripe fruits with tropical notes and well integrated discrete toasty french oak, complex.
Rich and unctuous, with elegance and balance, long and persistent.
Esporao Private Selection, Garrafeira Tinto, 2012
– Esporão Private Selection Red is a continuation of the Esporão Garrafeira Tinto, first launched in 1987. Initially it was a choice of the best barrels of Esporão Reserva and, over time, we understood our vineyards better, naturally evolving to a selection of the best fields of our Estate. At the end of the 90s we built an exclusive winery for him, becoming the center of our attention. The Private Selection is our conception of a classic Red wine Alentejo wine: intense and rich but without exaggeration, balanced in the mouth but with good potential of guard. In the nose it is more tense than usual, with suggestions of blue fruit and graphite, well wrapped in notes of toast and spices. In the palate it shows firmness, quite freshness, generous but well fused tannins, great structure and elegance. (Herdade do Esporão)
Herdade do Esporão – Alandra Branco, Alentejo, 2019
It is floral, fragrant and delicate, with lime and citrus aromas enhancing a fresh and fruity palate.
Herdade do Esporão – Alandra Rosado, Alentejo, N/V
– A bright blush in the glass the aromas are fragrant with strawberry and raspberry aromas dominating with an attractive hint of peppermint playing in the background. The palate offers a well balanced and elegant affair with minimal sweetness and shows off the strawberry and raspberry notes from the nose. Dry Style with natural fruit sweetness.
Herdade do Esporão – Alandra Tinto, Alentejo, 2018
Youthful, ruby colour. Fresh berry, fruity aromas. Fresh, bright, packed with red fruits and some soft tannin.
84 Points Wine Enthusiast (2011 vintage)
“This wine is a blend created using grapes sourced from vineyard sites, giving it a ripe, full-bodied character. It is smooth, almost New-World in style, but with an edge of tannins and acidity. Drink this wine now.” — R.V. (12/1/2012)
Moreto, Vinho de Talha, Esporao, 2015
– One of a pair of amphora fermented and aged wines, this is made from the Moreto grape commonly found in Alentejo blends but rarely found by itself. This dark-colored wine is a departure for the grape, bringing out reserves of richness. The soft tannins and almost sweet character are more typical and result in a full wine that is ready to drink.
Sidecar, Susana Esteban, 2014
To share moments, ideas and experiences with other oenologists or people connected to wines is something that I have always liked and encouraged. So, I decided to create the brand Sidecar.
Each year I will challenge a friend to produce wine in my wine cellar, in Mora.
They will decide how to interpret this region’s fantastic vineyards…. by driving the motorcycle! For Sidecar’s first edition, I invited an old friend who has a unique, pioneer and extraordinary vision on wines: Dirk Niepoort.
– Open ruby colour, red fruit aromas and some vegetal nuances, similar to moss. In the mouth is fresh, elegant and complex. Alentejo… very Burgundian.