Esporao Private Selection Branco, 2016
– Private Selection White was created in 2001 with a desire to challenge the classic profile of great Alentejo white wines. To achieve this, we decided to base the wine on the underated Semillon variety and the use of new French oak barrels for fermentation and maturation. With growing the vineyard maturity and a careful selection of barrel suppliers the solid, rich and complex style of this wine has been reinforced over the years
– The Semillon grapes used in this wine were planted on the Herdade dos Perdigões estate, which belongs to Esporão, in 1996, using northwest/southwest exposure in order to maximize fruit protection from extreme sunlight.
Crystal clear straw.
Ripe fruits with tropical notes and well integrated discrete toasty french oak, complex.
Rich and unctuous, with elegance and balance, long and persistent.
Esporao Private Selection, Garrafeira Tinto, 2012
– Esporão Private Selection Red is a continuation of the Esporão Garrafeira Tinto, first launched in 1987. Initially it was a choice of the best barrels of Esporão Reserva and, over time, we understood our vineyards better, naturally evolving to a selection of the best fields of our Estate. At the end of the 90s we built an exclusive winery for him, becoming the center of our attention. The Private Selection is our conception of a classic Red wine Alentejo wine: intense and rich but without exaggeration, balanced in the mouth but with good potential of guard. In the nose it is more tense than usual, with suggestions of blue fruit and graphite, well wrapped in notes of toast and spices. In the palate it shows firmness, quite freshness, generous but well fused tannins, great structure and elegance. (Herdade do Esporão)
Esporão Tinto Reserva DOC Alentejo 2017
The grapes for this wine are hand-picked. They are vinified in small, temperature-controlled vats and, after being pressed, the wines age in American and French oak for 12 months. This is a wine for special occasions that combines the universal culture of wine and art, via the reproduction of original works of art on its labels.
COLOUR: Intense ruby red.
AROMA: Exhibits hints of wild berries and blueberry fruit jam, enveloped in coffee, black pepper and a faint toasted aroma from the keg.
PALATE: In the mouth, it is intense and dense, but with robust tannins, affording it structure and complexity and suggesting good potential for aging in the bottle.
Herdade do Esporão – Alandra Branco, Alentejo, 2019
It is floral, fragrant and delicate, with lime and citrus aromas enhancing a fresh and fruity palate.
Herdade do Esporão – Alandra Rosado, Alentejo, N/V
– A bright blush in the glass the aromas are fragrant with strawberry and raspberry aromas dominating with an attractive hint of peppermint playing in the background. The palate offers a well balanced and elegant affair with minimal sweetness and shows off the strawberry and raspberry notes from the nose. Dry Style with natural fruit sweetness.
Herdade do Esporão – Alandra Tinto, Alentejo, 2018
Youthful, ruby colour. Fresh berry, fruity aromas. Fresh, bright, packed with red fruits and some soft tannin.
84 Points Wine Enthusiast (2011 vintage)
“This wine is a blend created using grapes sourced from vineyard sites, giving it a ripe, full-bodied character. It is smooth, almost New-World in style, but with an edge of tannins and acidity. Drink this wine now.” — R.V. (12/1/2012)
Herdade do Esporão – Monte Velho Branco, Alentejo, 2019
Crystal clear, pale straw colour. Fresh white stone fruits with citric notes. Firm, intense and well balanced palate, persistent aromatic fruit with a long finish.
86 Points Wine Enthusiast (2013 vintage)
“Soft and round, this is a wine that has the warmth of the Alentejo coupled with a tangy, fresh slice of lemon. Blending Antão Vaz, Roupeiro and Perrum, it’s a wine to drink now, or just age for a few months.”
Herdade do Esporão – Monte Velho Tinto, Alentejo, 2017/18
Clear deep ruby colour. Berry fruit aromas with some complex subtle toasty notes. Elegant palate with good depth of fruit and a fine tannic structure.
85 Points Wine Enthusiast (2012 vintage)
“A solid, dry, gently tannic wine that has a full and fruity character. Acidity and a dry core provide structure, while black berry and dark cherry fruits offer ripe contrast. It’s a wine to drink now and until 2019.”
Herdade do Esporão – Quatro Castas, Alentejo, 2014/17
Deep colour and intense. Aroma scented with berries, ensnared in subtle spicy notes.Solid and dense palate with creamy texture, highlighting the ripe fruit wrapped in fine tannins give it structure and a long and elegant finish.
90 Points Wine Enthusiast.
“Still young and showing fresh fruitiness, this wine needs time to calm down and broaden out. Made of four classic varieties in the Esporão vineyard, it’s dense, stalky and still full of tannins. Give this wine until 2016.”
Moreto, Vinho de Talha, Esporao, 2015
– One of a pair of amphora fermented and aged wines, this is made from the Moreto grape commonly found in Alentejo blends but rarely found by itself. This dark-colored wine is a departure for the grape, bringing out reserves of richness. The soft tannins and almost sweet character are more typical and result in a full wine that is ready to drink.