Bela Sombra Reserva, Limited Edition, Quinta da Alorna, 2013
Vinification: Pre-fermentative cold maceration for two days. Delastage technique for color extraction during alcoholic fermentation. After malo-lactic fermentation, the three grapes are aged for 12 months in French oak barrels. After bottling, the wine ages for 3 months.
Nose: Black berries and jam aromas due to grapes maturation. Ageing in French oak barrels gave it spicy notes.
Palate: Well balanced and soft tannins.
Tasting Note: Long lasting finish, remaining ripped plums and coffee.
Gastronomy: Perfect to serve with roasted or stewed meat.
Black Pig Distillery – Costa Alentejana Gin (50cl – 40% Vol.)
– The Gin Black Pig Costa Alentejana (Alentejo Coast) is a sensory experience, that reflects an immense blue sea, golden beach sands, monumental cliffs and breath taking views of an alentejo coast full of colors and aromas. This incredible coast has the climate that serves as a sanctuary for the gin’s botanicals that inspire this gin. The citric flavours, filled with freshness from the alentejo lemons, wild fragancies from the dune’s junipers, the delicate flower touch of the rosemary are the essence of this gin. Symbol of the preservation, respect and harmony with the ecosystem, the “Pata Negra”, is the flagship of the Alentejo, representing a territory where he always lived. From this perfect symbiosis between nature, the alchemy of aromas and the production process, an ecological cycle is created, from the harvest to the bottle. More than a gin, a perfume, that essence that makes you close your eyes and to do that time travel that awakes your senses and remembers you of the aromas from the trails, dunes and sea of the Alentejo Coast.
– This gin won the gold medal in the Frankfurt International Trophy 2019 and in the Women ́s wine and spirits awards 2019
– Botanicals: Alentejo Lemon, Gumrock rose, pennyroyal, french lavender, rosemary, ginger and other botanicals picked up from the Vicentine route.
Black Pig Distillery – Montado Alentejano Gin (50cl – 42% Vol.)
– The Gin of the Montado personifies the rural identity of the Alentejo and of an unique ecosystem, the “Montado”. Between Oak Olms and Holm Oaks, in perfect harmony with nature and Alentejo’s traditions, it’s produced a dry Gin, where the essencies of the earth prevail. In the fields, the “Pata Negra”, the lord of the “Montado” lives and it’s the inspiration source that contributes in a decisive manner to the preservation of this mediterranean ecosystem. Excusively produced with biological botanicals, from cork, to acorn and carob, they are picked up and distilled and posteriorly reinstated in the ecosystem, respecting nature’s balance. From this perfect symbiosis between nature, the alchemy of aromas and the production process, an ecological cycle is created, from the harvest to the bottle. To experience this Gin, an unique experience, is to remember and live the Alentejo, “Patrimony of time”
– This gin won a great gold medal, in the international Virtus awards 2019, being considered the best gin in the competition, a gold medal in the Stuttgart International Spirits Competition 2019, gold medal in the China Wine & Spirits Awards, a silver medal in the Gin Super premium category in the Luxury Masters 2019 and a gold medal in the Women’s wine and spirits awards 2019.
– Botanicals: Carob, acorn, almonds, walnuts, chestnuts and other botanicals handpicked in the montado from Alentejo
Black Pig Distillery – Rum Ilha do Pessegueiro (70cl – 38.6% Vol.)
– Ilha do Pessegueiro (Peach Island), mythical place of legends and pirate histories serve as inspiration for this Rum. An intense Rum, influenced by the spices obtained in the old trade routes by historical portuguese navigators that explored remote parts of África and Asia and with botanicals from the Alentejo. With this Rum, we reinvent a classic drink, through identitary aromas from the portuguese maritime history with contemporary caracther of the Alentejo. An incomparable Rum, for unforgettable moments, that remind you of Portugal and Alentejo.
– Botanicals: Molasse of the sugar cane, vanilla, virginia tobacco leaves, coffee grains, peaches and other botanicals from the Alentejo Coast.
Boigin, Distilled Gin, Silvio Carta (50cl – 40% Vol.)
– The name “Boigin” refers to the Italian word for ox: bue. “Boi” is a play on the word “Bue” hence Boigin. Citrus tree flavours and notes of indigenous Sardinian herbs. On the palate is spicy, with expressive notes of botanical herbs and a typical gin aftertaste.
Cariad Blush Rose, Llanerch Vineyard, 2018 – COMING SOON –
Cariad Dry White, Llanerch Vineyard, 2018 – COMING SOON –
Cariad Off-Dry White, Llanerch Vineyard, 2018 – COMING SOON –
Cariad Sparkling Blush, Llanerch Vineyard, 2017 – COMING SOON –
Cariad Sparkling White Brut, Llanerch Vineyard, N/V – COMING SOON –
Casanova di Neri – Brunello di Montalcino 2013
Casanova di Neri’s Brunello di Montalcino is a beautiful wine, from one of the all-time great Brunello vintages. Refined and elegant with gorgeous aromas of ripe cherries, blackberry, smoke, leather and fresh floral notes. Focused and tightly wound with wonderful fine-grained tannins and a long lingering finish.
Casanova di Neri
The Casanova di Neri Estate was founded by Giovanni Neri in 1971 and is now run by his son Giacomo. Giacomo has spent several years acquiring the best possible vineyards within the Brunello di Montalcino DOCG area. Most recently, he has re-developed the winemaking facilities at Casanova di Neri and has just completed an impressive underground winery and cellar. Giacomoâ??s passion and expertise, together with 55 hectares of vineyards, represent the ideal combination for producing wines with exceptional personality, uniqueness, and recognisable characteristics. The Casanova di Neri vineyards, set on the slopes of Montalcino, are influenced by radical differences in soil, microclimate and surrounding vegetation, whilst maintaining a maximum separation of just one kilometre. Although primarily an advocate of Brunello (a Sangiovese clone), Giacomo has recently experimented with international grape varieties such as Cabernet Sauvignon for his Pietradonice DOC. The winery is now recognised as one of the finest producers in Italy. It has been awarded the Tre Bicchieri at the Gambero Rosso and received international recognition in the wine industry’s most important publications.
Cellarman’s Choice gift box
Cellarman’s Choice gift box
Presented in a luxury fluted card box, 1 bottle each of:
‘Renaissance’, Pen-Y-Clawdd Vineyard, 2018
Pen-Y-Clawdd vineyard is being lovingly restored by Claire and Gilbert Viader following several years of neglect. It is located close to the hamlet of Pen-Y-Clawdd in the beautiful Welsh county of Monmouthshire. There are approximately 1600 vines, planted around 20 years ago, which cover an area just over an acre in size. There are several varieties planted including, Pinot Noir, Seyval Blanc, Phoenix, Schonburger and Reichenstiener.
Renaissance is a dry, crisp, still white wine produced from the 2018 harvest from Reichensteiner, Phoenix & Schönburger grapes.
It has aromas and flavours of green apple, fennel and stone fruit with refreshing citrus notes. Perfect as an aperitif, with grilled fish, seafood, white meat or goat’s cheese.
Bergerac AC Vieilli en Fut de Chene Domaine de Mayat, 2016
Made from 100% Merlot this deep garnet red wine is one of our all-time favourites that we have been importing for over 20 years. It has powerful aromas of black fruits, a round, velvet taste with a rich structure of tannins. Showing some bottle age and drinking very well now.
Champagne Gruet Brut Cuvée Tradition
Aromas of green apple and citrus mineral notes make for a delightful start to this traditional sparkler. The Brut NV offers bright, crisp acidity complimented by a touch of yeast on the delightfully long finish. Aged en Tirage for a minimum of 24 months
Champagne Mandois – Blanc de Blancs Brut Premier Cru, 2010
100% Chardonnay, this is a crisp Champagne with fantastic depth of flavour and a long, biscuity finish. Light yellow with green tints. Refined, mature nose blending brioche, mineral and toast notes backed by delicate fruit. The palate shows seductively refined texture, ethereal fullness, freshness and minerality.
Champagne Mandois – Cuvée Victor Vieilles Vignes, 2005/07
Flagship of the Mandois range, this “Cuvée” was made in the honour of Victor Mandois the founder of the Mandois Champagne House back in 1905. It is made exclusively from the Chardonnay grapes. Older vines, from 50 years and more are selected for this “Cuvée”. Naturally low yielding, these vines bring concentration which is also acquired by partial oak ageing. The nose is typically Chardonnay, with citrus notes, elegance and power. On the palate we find a good body with complexity, structure and the perfect balance. The length is simply amazing equalled by an incredible freshness.
Victor 2002, a 100% Chardonnay symphony to honour the old vines from Chouilly and Vertus. Vinified in oak casks, as Victor Mandois used to do more than a century ago. A Blanc de Blancs vintage with an extraordinary ageing potential.
93 Points Wine Enthusiast (2000 vintage).
“A Champagne that is very much wine. The structure and the richness are just right for a food wine, showing ripe acidity, flavors of plums and apricots, and balancing these primary fruits with a dense, complex structure that takes in yeast, maturity and a tight apple skin finish.” 12/1/2008