Beaujolais Villages ‘Combe aux Jacques’, Louis Jadot, 2017
– Fragrant aroma of roses and violets. Juicy flavours of raspberries and cherries backed by earthy notes and hints of herbs. Excellent structure with firm tannins.
Bergerac AC Vieilli en Fut de Chene Domaine de Mayat, 2016
Made from 100% Merlot, deep garnet red wine with powerful aromas of black fruits. A round, velvet taste with a rich structure of tannins. Showing some bottle age and drinking very well now.
Bwthyn Rhosyn, Tintern Parva, (Bronze Medal), 2018
– Off dry rosé, made mainly from Pinot Noir and a touch of Pinot Gris. Light, fruity bouquet, fresh palate with red berry fruits.
Calmel & Joseph, Corbières, 2016/17
Ruby-red robe and a pronounced nose of black fruit, fresh figs and prunes. Clean and crisp on the palate, with notes of garrigue scrubland, spices and quince. Fine tannins, ending with a hint of truffle. Well-balanced and elegant, with very good ageing potential.
16.5/20 Jancis Robinson.
“Syrah, Grenache and a bit of Cinsault. Pure delicious red fruit on the nose. Sweet rounded cherry and plum swathed in a sinewy, slightly rugged, leather strap of tannins. The taut refined acidity, that is such a hallmark of Calmel & Joseph, strims through the sweetness of the fruit like a blade, leaving freshness and just a hint of earthy spice in its wake. Just a little Cinsault, and yet it brings it distinctive soprano note into the deeper alto and bass tones of the Syrah and Grenache.”
Cannonau di Sardegna Costera, Argiolas, 2017
Made from the Sardinian clone of Grenache called Cannonau, Carignan & Bovale Sardo, it is a chunky, robust, meaty effort revealing scents of garrigue, kirsch liqueur, white chocolate, pepper, and spice. Full-bodied, with terrific fruit as well as loads of personality.
Cariad Blush Rose, Llanerch Vineyard, 2018 – COMING SOON –
– Llanerch Vineyard has made this rose in true Provence style, pale on the colour and subtle red fruits and citrus in the flavour. A fantastic wine that can be drank on its own or with cured meats and cheese.
Cariad Dry White, Llanerch Vineyard, 2018 – COMING SOON –
– The grapes for Llanerchs Cariad Dry white wine are grown in the warmest area in the vineyard allowing the fruit to ripen with lush Citrus and stone fruit flavours and a crisp dry finish. Pairs great with with Salads, Chicken & Fish.
Cariad Off-Dry White, Llanerch Vineyard, 2018 – COMING SOON –
– The Cariad off dry is a blend of the grape varieties produced at Llanerch giving a rounded wine with an all around appeal, and is Llanerch’s best seller. Being off dry but not sweet this can easily be enjoyed on its own, but also works great with Chicken & Fish.
Chablis ‘Cellier de la Sabliere’, Louis Jadot, 2018
– Elegant Chablis bursting with white flowers and stone fruits aromas. Long finish with a stony character and a fresh acidity.