Famille Perrin Gigondas – La Gille – 2014
- Produced on sandy soils, which cover a small part of the appellation, Grenache expresses great softness and is very aromatic without being heavy. This wine is full bodied but with finesse at the same time.
- This 2014 is full of promises. A complex nose with rich notes of red and black fruit, the mouth is rich with a powerful and generous attack and the tannic texture is already balanced and elegant, with a long, racy finish.
Note: 90/100The Globe And Mail, Beppi Crosariol – 05/10/2017
From a great southern Rhône appellation (that would be Gigondas) and a great producer, this displays more elegance and less of the more typical Gigondas power. Full and seamlessly textured, it’s fully but not overly ripe, with juicy cherry-like fruit, a meaty essence and light, chewy tannins. Worth cellaring for up to six years.
Note: 89/100Wine Discovery, Tim Appelt – 01/10/2017
Pretty aromas of violets, sage, ripe cherry and plum fruit are layered over a dusting of oak spice. While the fruit shows some jammy character on the palate, and the alcohol is slightly warm, there is enough acidity to keep the fruit juicy and bright overall, complementing the fine but mouthcoating tannins, and drying the finish. Some weight, but also some poise and refinement.
Note: 90/100Wine Advocate – 03/03/2016
The 2014 Gigondas la Gille comes almost all from estate fruit (there’s some very old vine fruit from Franck Alexandre), and comes all from sandy soils,
vinified with a more gentle extraction than the Beaucastel releases. From a difficult vintage, it’s a smokin’ wine that offers elegant, perfumed notes of kirsch, bouquet garni and black cherries on the nose. These give way to a midum-bodied, supple, seamless Gigondas that has more upfront charm and character than most in the vintage. While I doubt it will make old bones, it will certainly evolve nicely on its overall balance and harmony.
Famille Perrin Vacqueyras – Les Christins – 2014
– Famille Perrin’s Vacqueyras is a beautiful example of Grenache based wines from the Southern Rhône Valley, with an impressive aromatic expression, structured body and great ageing potential.
– Balanced vintage, this 2014 is looking good, very aromatic, with freshness and finesse. With a dominant of Grenache, this wine has great potential.
Famille Perrin Vinsobres – Les Cornuds 2014
- The 2014 vintage is unexpected for the region. A mild and wet winter, a hot and dry spring and temperate and humid summer characterizes this vintage. An atypical year, a winemaker’s vintage. Bud-break took place very early and flowering was carried out in ideal conditions and fruit set was excellent, especially on Grenache. However, work in the vineyards and constant monitoring were necessary all the way through to harvest. The months of July and August were humid favouring growth.
- This beautiful vintage shows a beautiful blend between Syrah and Grenache. Great freshness, delicate notes of fresh black fruit slightly over-ripe, sweet spices. The generous mouth, offers elegant tannins full of finesse and the finish is full of character, firm and mineral.